By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School football competed their season with a 21-8 win over J.P. Taravella in the Mayor’s Cup on Friday.
The Colts picked up their fourth win of the season and now have wins over Hollywood Hills, Northeast, Olympic Heights, and JPT. They have also won the Mayor’s Cup for the third straight season, but it was the first time head coach Fred Flowers for the chance to coach in it.
Congratulations to our Colts Varsity Football team & their coaches for winning the Mayor’s Cup!! Woohoo! #ProudPrincipal Build the Dream…Everybody, Everywhere, Every Day in Every Way! We are…#ColtsUnited! @ColtConnection @bcpsactivities @browardschools pic.twitter.com/uCXYUlGdKo
— Principal Vivian Suarez (@principalCSHS) November 4, 2022
The Trojans finished the season with a record of 1-9 under first-year head coach Clenner Goodman. After going winless in 2021, JPT was finally able to get a victory after defeating Pompano Beach High School on Oct. 7. While both teams will have many students graduate, the younger players will have a chance to improve during the offseason in hopes of a better 2023 season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.11.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Wins Grand Champion For 2nd Straight Season
- News2022.11.1910 Coral Springs and Parkland Volleyball Players Compete in BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.11.192 New Soccer Coaches at Coral Glades Pick Up First Win
- News2022.11.18Coral Springs, Coral Glades Girls Basketball Win Season Openers