By Jill Fox
Incoming Colts may want to save the date for their freshmen invasion at Coral Springs High School.
On Friday, August 9, there will be two events: At 8:00 a.m., a freshman invasion will be held to help students make the transition to high school, and at 9:00 a.m., there will be an informative meeting for parents as well.
At the event, incoming freshmen can pick up their schedules, get textbooks, and join clubs. They will also have the opportunity to meet representatives from student government and more.
Parent University will provide them with resources to educate and empower and help prepare their children for success.
Through informative and engaging sessions, parents will learn about safety and security, the breakdown of grades, college credits, transportation, various innovative programs – as well as cyberbullying and social media.
Parents will also learn to understand commonly used acronyms, like SAC, SAF, BYOT, and ESSA and become familiar with Colt “colture.” Representatives from administration and guidance will be on hand, as well as the school’s BRACE advisor, security specialist, and freshmen class sponsor.
Students should get plenty of rest and bring a backpack for books. This event is free, and no registration is required.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co., a leading full-service public relations firm. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2019.08.22Improv Comedy Coming to Coral Springs
- News2019.08.22Scenic Backdrop to Encourage Healing Installed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Eat2019.08.20Coral Springs on Tap as New Location for Tap 42 Craft Kitchen & Bar
- News2019.08.18Coral Springs Craft Guild Awards Scholarships to Local High School Seniors