By Jill Fox
Incoming Colts may want to save the date for their freshmen invasion at Coral Springs High School.
On Friday, August 9, there will be two events: At 8:00 a.m., a freshman invasion will be held to help students make the transition to high school, and at 9:00 a.m., there will be an informative meeting for parents as well.
At the event, incoming freshmen can pick up their schedules, get textbooks, and join clubs. They will also have the opportunity to meet representatives from student government and more.
Parent University will provide them with resources to educate and empower and help prepare their children for success.
Through informative and engaging sessions, parents will learn about safety and security, the breakdown of grades, college credits, transportation, various innovative programs – as well as cyberbullying and social media.
Parents will also learn to understand commonly used acronyms, like SAC, SAF, BYOT, and ESSA and become familiar with Colt “colture.” Representatives from administration and guidance will be on hand, as well as the school’s BRACE advisor, security specialist, and freshmen class sponsor.
Students should get plenty of rest and bring a backpack for books. This event is free, and no registration is required.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.10.18Coral Springs Coconut Creek Chamber Hosts Heroes & Heroines Gala
- News2021.10.13Register Today for the Drive-Thru Pumpkin Patch Lane at Broward Health Coral Springs
- News2021.10.09MSD Eagles Baseball Program Launches New ‘Field For Dreams’ Campaign
- News2021.10.08Register Now for the Annual Drive-Thru Pumpkin Patch Lane at Broward Health Coral Springs