By Jill Fox
Incoming Colts may want to save the date for their freshmen invasion at Coral Springs High School.
On Friday, August 9, there will be two events: At 8:00 a.m., a freshman invasion will be held to help students make the transition to high school, and at 9:00 a.m., there will be an informative meeting for parents as well.
At the event, incoming freshmen can pick up their schedules, get textbooks, and join clubs. They will also have the opportunity to meet representatives from student government and more.
Parent University will provide them with resources to educate and empower and help prepare their children for success.
Through informative and engaging sessions, parents will learn about safety and security, the breakdown of grades, college credits, transportation, various innovative programs – as well as cyberbullying and social media.
Parents will also learn to understand commonly used acronyms, like SAC, SAF, BYOT, and ESSA and become familiar with Colt “colture.” Representatives from administration and guidance will be on hand, as well as the school’s BRACE advisor, security specialist, and freshmen class sponsor.
Students should get plenty of rest and bring a backpack for books. This event is free, and no registration is required.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.26MSD Eagle Regiment Sells Poinsettias To Raise Money for London Trip
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Siblings Create Cookbook To Inspire Kids To Eat Healthy
- News2020.11.23Principal Surprises Teacher with ‘Debate Coach of the Year’ Award
- News2020.11.22NutriFlo IV Lounge and Med Spa Brings IV Vitamin Therapy to Coral Springs