By: Matt Rothman
After starting the season 4-4, the Coral Springs High School girls volleyball team dropped six consecutive matches.
The Colts won only one set during that stretch but ended it Tuesday night with an impressive 3-1 victory over Charles W. Flanagan High School. CSHS won the first set 25-18 before falling in the second frame, winning 25-23 in the third set before closing it out 28-26.
Juliette Bounassi played in all four sets and had two kills and five blocks. Breanna Scott recorded 16 digs and 17 serve receptions, while Sierra Evans and Bailey Vance combined for 20 assists.
Frank Bumbales, head coach, said this win was a relief. However, he is hoping this can help them as they close out the season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator