By: Matt Rothman
After playing a thrilling four-set match Wednesday night, the Coral Springs High School girls volleyball team came away with their first win of the season.
The Colts defeated Deerfield Beach High School on the road 25-23, 22-25,25-23,27-25.
“It was nice to win the first match,” said head coach Frank Bumbales. “All sets were very close, but the girls never gave up or gave in to the other team. They persevered even when they were down by six in the last set and came back to win that set and the match.”
Junior Breanna Scott had a tremendous match with 23 digs, 20 serve receptions, and five aces to lead the way.
Sa’Nya Faison led the team with five kills, while Juliette Bounassi, Sierra Evams, Kayla Burns, Bailey Vance, and Scott had three kills. Madison Avin added two, and defensively, Jordynn Reed had three of the team’s four blocks in the win.
Next, Coral Springs will play Boyd H. Anderson on the road on Thursday, August 26, at 4:30 p.m. The Colts’ home opener will not come until September 22 against Monarch High School. However, they begin the season with their first nine matches on the road and finish with five of eight matches in their home gym.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship