By: Matt Rothman
It has been an incredible season for the Coral Springs High School Volleyball team Colts under Head Coach Frank Bumbales, but it came to an end on Friday following their loss to Spanish River Community High School.
The Colts played an extremely tight first set, where they fell by only five points but struggled against one of the best teams in the tri-county area.
CSHS had their season shortened a bit due to COVID-19 and only played in 14 games, but the Colts had their highest winning percentage since the 2013-14 season when the CSHS went 14-4.
The Colts started the season at 1-2 though they were able to go on a season-long eight-game winning streak where they managed only to lose one set.
The Colts have been led by sisters Francesca and Marjorie Medrano, who finished the season with over 100 kills combined. Marjorie is among six seniors on the roster, including Jaden Bowen, T’Ahna Hoskins, Akilah Barrett, Melanie Tavarez, and Rayanna Rickard.
“All six of these seniors meant a lot to this program,” said Bumbales. “They all contributed and played….we had a nice team and a nice season.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.04Ryan Scanlon: A Coral Springs Resident Who Continues to Beat the Odds
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft