By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School volleyball team kicked off their season with an exciting three-set win over Dillard High School.
The Colts started slow but played terrifically in the final two sets to earn the win. Head Coach Frank Bumbales was proud of how his team played after COIVD-19 pushed back their season.
“They played about as good as can be expected after all that has taken place. I believe that they have only scratched the tip of the iceberg as to how good they can be.”
CSHS is led by a pair of sisters in Francesca Medrano and Xavi Medrano, who played on the Nicaragua National Volleyball Team before transferring to Coral Springs High School.
Francesca had 11 kills to lead the team and 12 assists, while her older sister, Xavi, had nine kills and six service points.
Melanie Tavarez, who played on the Dominican National Team, also transferred in this season and added six kills and 13 service points. Coach Bumbales was also really pleased with his setter, Rayonna Rickard. The senior had 26 assists in the win.
The Colts will be right back in action on Wednesday, Oct. 28, when they host Fort Lauderdale High School at 7:30 p.m. and then finish the week with a contest on the road against Monarch High School 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 29.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville. He has also worked for the Naples Herald, Collier Sports Insider and was an assistant sports editor for his school newspaper.
- News2021.02.24J.P. Taravella Boys Lacrosse Celebrate First Win Since 2019
- News2021.02.24Vargas Shines on the Mound in Coral Springs Charter’s First Win of 2021
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs High School Football Star Delvontae Bouie Commits to Division I Program
- News2021.02.24Christie’s Walk-Off Hit Leads Coral Glades Softball to First Win