By: Matt Rothman
After a solid 2019 season for the Coral Springs Charter volleyball team, the Panthers started the year out with a thrilling five-set win over South Plantation High School.
CSC had a handful of seniors graduate earlier this year but received strong performances from Sidney Berthiaume, Katelyn Bilz, Kirsten Worley, Alex Bruno and Sarah Henault.
Berthiaume, the younger sister of five-time state champion softball player, Sara Berthiaume, played in all five sets and had two kills. Bruno had 20 kills and had a block, while Henault had 24 digs and 25 serve receptions.
Returning as a sophomore this season from last year’s team, Sydney Mills had 35 assists, and Olivia Panico had a team-high 30 kills.
The Panthers will have an exciting matchup on the road on Thursday, Oct. 29, at 6 p.m. against Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
These teams met last year, and CSC pulled out an exciting 5-set win where the Panthers won 15-8 in the deciding set.
Following that, they will continue to be busy with big matchups the rest of the year against challenging opponents such as Pembroke Pines Charter, Fort Lauderdale, and Cooper City High School.
`Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision