By Sharon Aron Baron
Although COVID-19 threatened to cancel Halloween this year, Church by the Glades announced they are stepping up to provide a fun and safe way for trick-or-treaters to enjoy a bit of “normal” this Halloween at their 2020 Spooktacular Halloween event.
Children are encouraged to come dressed in their Halloween costumes on Saturday, October 31, and attend either the 5:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. services. After the service, they’ll provide single-use candy bags/buckets to all trick-or-treaters who “pay” the cost of admission —- two bags of unopened candy.
Pastor David Hughes said Church by the Glades is obsessed with reinventing old ideas and finding new ways to communicate through diverse mediums.
“So when Halloween looked as if it might be canceled this year, we decided it was up to us to ‘save’ Halloween in Broward County,” he said. “We are looking forward to providing a safe, exciting event for our community to enjoy Halloween this year.”
Trick-or-treaters will be thrilled to get their candy from the custom-made “Candy DROP,” an innovative and COVID-safe method to deliver treats to thousands of local goblins, dinosaurs, witches, princesses, and others. Live dancers, performances, and exciting visual displays will entertain and amaze both the young and young at heart.
Extensive safety measures, including mandatory mask-wearing and social distancing, will be enforced to ensure all attendees’ safety. Additional air and surface sanitation have been and continue to be routine at Church by the Glades located at 400 Lakeview Dr, Coral Springs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site