By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in school history, the Coral Springs High School Football team won a playoff game following a 7-6 victory over Charles W. Flanagan High School Friday night.
It was also the first playoff win for Head Coach Leonard Weaver and his entire coaching staff, who took over the program at the start of the year.
“It means so much to get that first win,” Weaver said. “It speaks to how over time, these young men have responded to everything we have asked them to do as a staff. It speaks to their dedication to learn and get better.”
There was very little offense in the game as Delvontae Bouie scored the Colts’ lone touchdown in the first quarter. It ended up being all they needed as the CSHS defense led the way as it came on a sweep play, which featured a lead block from Tariq Barnes and Louma Dufresne.
“Our defensive coordinator, Coach Weathers, has done an outstanding job,” Weaver said. “Our defense has been very overlooked.”
Weaver credits Willy Volmar, Junior Jean, Tariq Neely, Austin Davis, and Naazir Aiken for all coming up big on defense when they needed it the most.
Up next, the CSHS will face Wellington Community High School next Friday night. They are coming off a 20-19 victory in overtime over Coral Glades High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.04Ryan Scanlon: A Coral Springs Resident Who Continues to Beat the Odds
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft