By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police have cracked a two-year-old kidnapping and sexual battery case of a 15-year-old victim.
On the afternoon of September 5, 2017, a 15-year-old female was traveling on a Broward County Transit bus home from high school when she was forced off the bus at the intersection of Royal Palm Boulevard and North University Drive by an unknown suspect, later identified as Anthony Duran McBride, Jr., 25, from Coral Springs. He grabbed her wrist and told her “he wasn’t going to do anything.”
McBride then forced the victim into a nearby vehicle and took her to an abandoned apartment at Parkside Townhomes. The victim told police that when she walked into the home, there was nothing inside except a couch, and it appeared as if no one lived there.
She sat on the couch and as McBride attempted to kiss her, she pushed him away. He then removed her shorts, pulled her underwear to the side and forced his penis inside of her while she said “No” while attempting to get him off of her.
The victim tried to flee the area by running to the second floor bathroom and locking herself inside, however, with no cellphone to call for help, she eventually opened the door, walked back to the vehicle, and McBride drove her to a Wendy’s restaurant and asked if she was hungry. He then told her “We will be seeing more of you.” She then grabbed her backpack, exited the vehicle and ran to the nearby bus stop.
On November 21, 2018, the victim positively identified McBride in a double-blind photographic array as the person who raped her.
Coral Springs Police Detectives worked a prior sexual battery case in 2015 with McBride as the suspect, however the victim became uncooperative and the case did not move forward.
On Wednesday,Coral Springs Police Selective Enforcement Team (SET) Detectives arrested Mc Bride at his residence in Coral Springs. He was also employed at the Cheesecake Factory at Sawgrass Mills Mall where he traveled to work via bus and bike said management. He also lived in the same neighborhood, where the victim said he raped her.
He is charged with kidnapping and sexual battery of a victim under 18.
Coral Springs Police are asking for anyone with information regarding this case or potentially any other victims, to contact Detective Michelle Gianino @ (954) 346-1789.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event