A Coral Springs man has been arrested and charged with raping a woman he met online on a dating website a week prior.
According to police, Robert William Hays, 32, was sitting with the victim in the parking lot of his apartment complex on October 17, when she told him she didn’t want to continue dating him. Hays then grabbed her purse and ran into the apartment. The victim ran behind him into the apartment and he locked the door behind her. She immediately pushed the panic button on her car’s key fob to get the neighbor’s attention, however, Hays became enraged, having a physical altercation with her and injured her hands while she held onto her keys.
The suspect would not leave the victim alone and kept her purse to prevent her from calling 911 on her cellphone. He then forced her to sit on the ground in the hallway where he digitally penetrated her vagina. He then forced her into the master bedroom, and without her consent, penetrated her vagina with his penis. He did not use a condom when he ejaculated into her.
The victim was able to get away, contact the police and later go to the Broward County Sexual Assault Treatment Center.
Hays was identified and taken into custody without incident. He is being held at the Main Jail on $50,000 bond.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video