By Hank McCoy
A Coral Springs man’s birthday celebration turned violent after choking his fiancee with both hands.
On June 21, Carlos Orozco Pineda, age 45, of Coral Springs, arrested for battery after his fiancee said Pineda followed her into their bathroom, shoved her to the ground and choked her after coming home from work and drinking in celebration of his birthday.
According to the police report, the fiancee was texting with a family member when Pineda became enraged. She went to the bathroom to put space between them, but he followed her and shoved her, causing her to fall and hit her upper back against the side of the tub, causing an abrasion.
Pineda then allegedly climbed on top of her and began to choke her with both hands, however, she was able to breathe enough to scream for help. Pineda immediately let her go, leaving the residence when she called the police.
Coral Springs Police arrived at the 800 block of Twin Lakes Drive, where they checked the area for Pineda, but couldn’t find him. Officers attempted to contact him by telephone multiple times, but all calls went right to voicemail.
The fiancee told police Pineda left his keys at the residence, so officers advised her to lock the door, and if he returned, don’t answer, and contact Coral Springs Police.
She refused medical treatment, however, was willing to provide a sworn statement and photographs of the red abrasion on her upper back from falling. Officers issued her Victim Rights information and a case number.
Pineda was later apprehended at 8:38 a.m. without incident.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.10.09Sale of City Property Leads to Redevelopment of Village Square in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.05Coral Springs Welcomes First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- News2020.10.01Surf’s Up! Coral Springs Could See Big Waves with One of a Kind Surf Park
- News2020.09.29Former Coral Springs Resident Charged with Cryptocurrency Fraud Caught in Austria