By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs man lost his life in the early morning hours of December 7 when his vehicle lost control, striking a tree in the median.
At approximately 3:15 a.m., members of the Coral Springs Traffic Unit were called out to the 300 block of Coral Springs Drive, where a single-vehicle crash had occurred. According to Detective Ernesto Bruna, a preliminary investigation indicates that a 2007 Chevy driven by Joseph D. Dittman, 33, of Coral Springs was driving northbound on Coral Springs Drive, when he lost control of the vehicle, striking a tree in the median.
Dittman was pronounced deceased at the scene as a result of the crash by Coral Springs Fire Department personnel.
Preliminary investigation indicates that speed may have been a contributing factor in this crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes of the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at 954-346-1754.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts