By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs man lost his life in the early morning hours of December 7 when his vehicle lost control, striking a tree in the median.
At approximately 3:15 a.m., members of the Coral Springs Traffic Unit were called out to the 300 block of Coral Springs Drive, where a single-vehicle crash had occurred. According to Detective Ernesto Bruna, a preliminary investigation indicates that a 2007 Chevy driven by Joseph D. Dittman, 33, of Coral Springs was driving northbound on Coral Springs Drive, when he lost control of the vehicle, striking a tree in the median.
Dittman was pronounced deceased at the scene as a result of the crash by Coral Springs Fire Department personnel.
Preliminary investigation indicates that speed may have been a contributing factor in this crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes of the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at 954-346-1754.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive
- Events2021.11.23Save 25 Percent Off Shows: Cyber Monday Shopping Starts Early at the Center for the Arts
- Events2021.11.22Hasidic Pop Singer Yossi Rodal Performs Concert at Annual Menorah Lighting in Coral Springs
- Events2021.11.22Registration Now Open for Winter Camp in Coral Springs