By: Sharon Aron Baron
A history teacher at Ramblewood Middle School in Coral Springs was arrested early Friday morning after he was spotted at a closed park with two intoxicated minors inside of his car.
On September 15, at 2:49 a.m., an officer with the Broward Sheriff’s Office noticed a black Honda Accord parked after closing time in a park near the Pompano Beach Pier. When he looked inside of the car, he discovered David Michael Stokes, 45, of North Lauderdale with two 16-year-old victims. According to report, both victims were visibly intoxicated based on their slurred speech and were unbalanced on their feet. They told the the officer that they had been picked up by Stokes at their residences without their parent’s knowledge and then consumed alcohol provided to them by Stokes. One victim had also consumed 24 cough pills purchased by Stokes with the intent of creating an intoxicating affect.
Stokes was arrested and transported to Pompano Beach District jail where he was charged with two counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors and for violation of a municipal ordinance of trespassing on the beach park after closing hours. According to Broward County Public Schools, he has been placed on an administrative reassignment, pending the outcome of a District Special Investigative Unit investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20