By Sharon Aron Baron
This year, 18 high school seniors were awarded scholarships from the Coral Springs MLK Committee.
In partnership with the Coral Springs Community Chest, Inc., the students were chosen because they exemplify and embody the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s teachings on peace, racial harmony, community service, and bettering the lives of others.
The students were selected from local high schools: J.P. Taravella, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs, Coral Springs Charter School, and Coral Glades.
Donations to the MLK Scholarship Fund included one from the law firm of Krupnick Campbell Malone Buser Slama Hancock for scholarships in honor of late Mayor, Walter “Skip” Campbell, who was a senior partner of the firm.
Three of the recipients were selected in honor of Mayor Campbell for their interest in pursuing an education in law or politics.
The recipients of the 2020 MLK Scholarship Program are:
J.P. Taravella High School
Fabian Landino – in honor of Walter “Skip” Campbell
Boaz Levy – in honor of Walter “Skip” Campbell
Coral Springs High School
Johann Cifuentes – in honor of Walter “Skip” Campbell
Coral Glades High School
Coral Springs Charter School
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation