By: Sharon Aron Baron
To help assist businesses and mitigate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Coral Springs has surpassed the $1 million mark in grant funding.
Called “Connecting Local Businesses to Grants and Loans,” the program helped connect local businesses to grants and loans from the state and federal government, as well as other grant opportunities through extensive research and guidance by city staff.
One beneficiary was Lorenzo Perez, owner of Budget Blinds of Coral Springs.
“The city was very helpful in sharing information about grants and program opportunities for my business. They stayed in touch and made sure I had all the information necessary to keep my business afloat,” said Perez.
The “Connecting Local Business to Grants and Loans” program was launched in April, and as a result, 64 Coral Springs businesses have received a total of $1,047,413 in grant and federal funding.
Economic Development Director, Kristi Bartlett said they recognized early on during the pandemic that the business community was having trouble navigating the grants and loan process.
“Many had never had to apply for federal or grant funding, so the assistance the city provided to help businesses through the process was a great benefit. This program, in addition to the Coral Springs Back in Business grant program, are some of the many ways we are assisting our valued business community,” said Bartlett.
For more information about their Economic Development assistance programs, please call the business hotline at 954-344-5772.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site