By: Jen Russon
The Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department is releasing workout videos in an extended series shared on Youtube and their Facebook page.
Led by training captain Justin Parrinello, the brief and functional exercise routine is the same one practiced by the men and women of the CSPFD.
The exercises held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday consist of nine repetitions of squats jumping jacks, sit-ups, crunches, and push-ups and take just a few minutes to complete.
“We know staying at home hasn’t been the easiest, but we wanted to give you a weekly workout series that fit into your modified schedule,” the fire department wrote on their Facebook page, where the Youtube videos are shared.
In a video tagged as #FitnessFriday, the CSPFD kicked off Mental Health Awareness Month with some jumping squats and lunges; the instructional video ended with an invitation to tune in again at 4 p.m. for yoga.
CSPFD is encouraging those who participate in their weekly fitness program to share their photos and comments online.
Got News? Send a message to Coral Springs #1 news site.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2020.11.24After Customer Alleges Reckless Conduct, Coral Springs Restaurant Owner Speaks Up
- News2020.11.23Temple Beth Orr Plans First-Ever Chanukah Drive-Thru Extravaganza
- News2020.11.192 Coral Springs Charter School Students Selected for Florida All-State Honor Band
- News2020.11.17J.P. Taravella Graduate Represents Coral Springs in Miss Florida Teen USA Competition