By: Chris Brunner
Residents and local business owners that interested in learning more about what goes on inside the Coral Springs police department will soon have a chance to find out, thanks to their upcoming 35th Citizens Police Academy course offered by officers within the department.
The Department is now taking applications for their Academy which begins on April 8, 2015 and ends with graduation in July, 2015. Classes are held on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Public Safety Building.
Established in June 1994, the Citizens Police Academy offers participants an inside look at law enforcement operations and an opportunity for hands-on experience in various areas of police work that are covered in the curriculum. The Citizens Police Academy is open to any Coral Springs resident, anyone that is employed within the City of Coral Springs or City of Coral Springs business owner over 18 years of age. In addition to residents, members of the clergy, city commissioners, and local business owners are among the Academy’s graduates.
Applicants should call or e-mail Betty Webb at 954-346-1746 or [email protected] to register.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed