By Sharon Aron Baron
For their Summer Youth Program and impact on socialization and neighborliness, the Coral Springs Police Department was recognized by Neighborhoods USA as a finalist.
This year, the Coral Springs Police Department submitted their Summer Youth Program for a Best Neighborhood Award at NUSA. This area features projects that focus on the social or cultural aspects like safety, youth and/or senior programs, and activities that make neighbors feel connected and foster neighbors working together.
First place went to the City of Riverside, CA, with their Neighbor Fest! The second place to the City of Tallahassee, FL, with their The Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Rx Program and third-place City of Orlando, FL with ILead Leadership Series.
The Coral Springs Police Department’s Summer Youth Program is designed to cultivate relationships with students that greatly benefit the community through mentoring and positive influence. The program utilizes sports and team building and enrichment programs that provide attendees with opportunities they may otherwise not be exposed to. Police assigned to the program work closely with local schools to provide the attendees with a positive outlet during the summer break.
Neighborhoods USA (NUSA) has been at the forefront of building and recognizing communities for the work being done to benefit the greater good of a community.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event