By: Jen Russon
Candidate forums hosted by the Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber of Commerce usually unfold in big venues; this year, the hundred or so spectators drawn to local politics are invited to grab a glass of OJ and trek to their laptops.
“I’m looking forward to this year’s format. We’re not at the Marriott, but I think our candidates will get a chance to answer pressing questions about the health of local businesses as we continue to live with COVID-19,” said Cindy Brief, Chamber President.
Brief added she knows most of the candidates running for commission seats 3 and 5 fairly well, and that she hopes the questions directed their way emphasize how important safety is.
“Seeing businesses keep super clean, everyone wearing their masks, drives down the (coronavirus) numbers and make people feel comfortable about patronizing them again,” said Brief.
She said the Chamber encourages Coral Springs residents to snap pictures of safe places to eat, shop, and play with #ILoveLocal in the tags.
The candidates appearing at the Wake Up Breakfast in September all live in Coral Springs, some since they were children. Their visions for the future can be found here.
Two candidates are vying for Commission Seat 5 are incumbent Vice Mayor Joy Carter and Cathy Remy. The more crowded field seeking to replace Commissioner Larry Vignola after ten years in Seat 3 are Randal Cutter, Noor Fawzy, Andy Kasten, Nancy Metayer, Joe Morera, and Abel Pena.
On September 15, residents will have a chance to meet the diverse group and hear their bright ideas, bright and early.
“We’d like people to start submitting their business-related questions ahead of the event by emailing them to us,” said Brief. “Like how each candidate will approach the huge challenge of getting local businesses humming again.”
To register for the event, go to the CSCC sign up page; a Zoom link will be emailed as a follow-up. Tickets are $10 for chamber members and $15 for future members.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2022.01.10J.P. Taravella Kicks Off its Jason Stein Memorial Baseball Field Campaign at Upcoming Game
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- Events2021.12.16Coral Springs Community Garden Hosting December Plant Sale
- Events2021.12.156 Coral Springs Girl Scouts Host Garage Sale to Pay for Long-Awaited Georgia Trip