A Coral Springs resident was killed early this morning in a two vehicle accident that occurred at the intersection of Wiles Road and Coral Ridge Drive.
In a preliminary investigation, Lt Joe McHugh said that around 5:40 a.m., a 2009 Honda Fit being driven by Louis Campanella, 69, of Coral Springs was traveling south on Coral Ridge Drive attempting to turn east on Wiles Road when it was struck by a 1994 Chevrolet Corvette being driven by Ryder Gaenz, 18, of Coral Springs. Gaenz was traveling north on Coral Ridge Drive approaching Wiles Road when the two vehicles collided. Also, in the Chevrolet, was passenger Devin Gaenz, 59, of Coral Springs.
Louis Campanella was transported to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead. Ryder and Devin Gaenz were also transported to Broward Health North in stable condition.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Officer Eric Schuster of the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at 954-346-1247.
This story may be updated when more information comes in.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2021.06.13Independence Day Celebrations are Back with Live Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Events2021.06.10Veterans Coalition Holds Annual Flag Day Ceremony in Coral Springs