By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs resident passed away Monday, succumbing to injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident the day before.
Adel Dashoush, 24, of Coral Springs was driving a 2014 Kawasaki motorcycle eastbound on W. Sample Road on February 26, when he collided with a 2001 Mazda driven by James Ferdilus, 18, also of Coral Springs. Ferdilus was traveling westbound and attempted to make a left turn to travel south on Coral Ridge Drive. According to police, his injuries were not life-threatening.
Dashoush, who was not wearing a helmet, was airlifted to Broward due to injuries he sustained in the crash. After being on life support, he succumbed to his injuries the following day.
The crash is still under investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or may have seen vehicles or motorcycles speeding in the area around the time of the crash are asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Richard Schaut at 954-346-1755.
Funeral arrangements are as follows:
Wednesday, March 1
Islamic Center of Pompano Beach 1641, NW 15th Street Pompano Beach FL 33069
12 30 p.m. -1 p.m. for Duhr prayer and Janaza Prayer. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend.
Dress code: Long pants to the ankles and women are required to cover their head/hair with a head scarf. After prayer they will proceed to the Forest Lawn Cemetery.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.12.06Coral Springs Commission Appoints Joy Carter Vice Mayor for Second Term
- Crime & Safety2019.12.03Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 26
- News2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’
- Events2019.12.01Prepare for Snow with ‘Downtown in December’ in Coral Springs