The City of Coral Springs and Parkland have many residents that are in same-sex relationships, yet do not enjoy the same legal rights as their neighbors.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, the nationwide “Mayors for Freedom to Marry” is a bipartisan coalition of Mayors who pledge to support marriage for gay and lesbian couples. Currently, several South Florida Mayors that have signed up to show their support: Pam Donovan of Margate, Marilyn Gerber of Coconut Creek, Judy Paul of Davie, Gery Resnick of Wilton Manors, Mike Ryan of Sunrise and Anne Salle of Oakland Park.
Allowing loving and committed couples to join in marriage has benefits not just for couples and their families—but also for society. Marriage encourages people to take responsibility for each other, provides greater security for children, and helps our country live up to its promises set forth in our founding documents. These are important values for a strong society, and we should encourage them.” San Diego’s Republican Mayor Jerry Sanders – Chair of Mayors for the Freedom to Marry
I am not only asking Mayor Roy Gold, but other South Florida Mayors to join the other 240 Democrat and Republicans that are already showing their support. Sign up for the Mayors for the Freedom to Marry .
For more information, please visit Mayors for the Freedom to Marry
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show