By: Sharon Aron Baron
On May 30, at 1:00 p.m., Nicole Freedman, 32, was hanging out with her sister, Ashley Donovan, 26, at Freedman’s home on the 8200 Block of NW 20th Street in the Ramblewood area. According to police, they both became involved in a verbal altercation, and as a result, Donovan decided to leave the residence with her one-year-old child. After she left Freedman locked all of the doors, however, Donovan returned a few moments later holding the child and attempting to regain entry into the residence in order to retrieve some belongings.
Freedman met her at the door and the two once again became involved in a verbal altercation. Donovan then grabbed Freedman by her hair and they began to physically fight in the front yard of the residence. They both fell to the ground continuing to fight, where at one point, Donovan produced a knife and stabbed Freedman multiple times including a two-inch long wound on the upper arm, a laceration to the back of the left leg, a stab wound to the lower left abdomen and a stab wound on the left hip area.
Nicole’s husband, Joshua, who witnessed part of the fight but didn’t see it begin, eventually separated the two women by pulling Donovan away from his wife. That was when he noticed that Donovan was holding a black folding knife in her hand and his wife was covered in blood. Freedman’s twelve year-old daughter also witnessed the entire altercation and stated that she saw Donovan initiate the fight by grabbing her mother’s hair.
The daughter called 911 as Donovan fled the scene. Shortly after, her car was located unoccupied, parked in the parking lot of the BJ’s Wholesale Club on Riverside Drive.
Donovan was located when she returned to her vehicle at 2:33 p.m. where she was placed under arrest. During a search of her purse, Coral Springs Police found a Gerber brand folding pocket knife with an approximate two-inch blade wrapped in a bloody paper towel. The blade had blood on it but appeared to have been wiped. Her shirt and and the exterior of her vehicle also had blood on it.
As a result of the stabbing and cutting committed by Donovan, Freedman suffered serious wounds and was transported to the Broward Health North Hospital.
Donovan was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and domestic assault and is being held without bail.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts