By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Museum of Art is featuring a 10-week program, for kids ages 6 to 15 which goes beyond the common camp arts and crafts offerings. Instead, it will provide them with a wide variety of hands-on, educational art experiences – from drawing and painting to 3D modeling, video game design and more.
“Our camp program is the ideal place for your child to discover art, meet new friends and explore new artistic mediums in a safe, encouraging and creative environment,” said Julia B. Andrews, Executive Director of the Coral Springs Museum of Art. “Inspired by the creative surroundings of the Museum’s galleries and sculpture gardens, each week campers will get a chance to discover something new.”
The “Summer in the Studio” summer camp program at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, which begins the week of June 13, 2016 and ends the week of August 19, 2016, features a variety of sessions, separated by age group.
- Exploring Sculpture, Painting for the Little Artist, Papier Mache, Puppet Palooza, Mixed Media Landscapes, Animal Art and more for 6 to 8 year olds.
- Ceramic Hand Building, Comic Book Design, Stop Motion Animation, Puppet Production and more for children ages 8 and up.
- Automotive Design, Jewelry Design, Animation, Fashion Illustration and more for children ages 10 and up.
- Intro to 3D Modeling, Digital Animation, Photography, Digital Painting, Industrial Design, and more for 12 to 15 year olds.
“The children who participate in our summer camp program get to come away with an experience like no other because of the resources and access we are able to offer them,” said Andrews. “From our ceramics series to our 3D modeling sessions, we urge the students to get a little messy – so they can truly experience and enjoy the process of creating art.”
The cost for a one-week summer camp session is $135 for Coral Springs Museum of Art members and $150 for non-members. A discount of $5 per session will be applied when registering for four or more sessions at one time. Members receive a sibling or buddy discount of $5 off the cost to register a second child for the same camp session. A one-time registration fee of $15 is required of all non-members. A late fee of $15 will be applied to all registrations submitted less than three days prior to any session start date.
The morning sessions of the program are held from 9 a.m. to noon, and the afternoon sessions are held from 1:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Sessions are priced individually. Campers are required to bring a snack, a lunch if they are attending the morning and afternoon sessions, a jacket or sweater, and any additional materials required for the selected session. Before and after care is also available through the Off Broadway Theater Camp.
To view and register for the 2016 summer camp sessions at the Coral Springs Museum of Art visit Coral Springs Museum of Art Youth Classes or call (954) 344-5000.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event