By Sharon Aron Baron
After much anticipation of the Financial Plaza’s future demolition, the City of Coral Springs finally has a timeline.
The Financial Plaza building sitting on 7.09-acres on the southwest corner of Sample Road and University was slated for demolition this fall — and before that, December 2019.
But this time, the Coral Springs Economic Development Office has a kickoff date of January 2021 for the start of the building’s demolition, which will take up to ten weeks.
Demolition will begin with a “gut out” of the entire building, removing all fixtures, drywall, framing, and windows, leaving just a concrete shell. The concrete shell will then be demolished in sections by an excavator, making way for site work starting in April 2021.
This all part of the reimagined Downtown Coral Springs.
Rod Sheldon, President of Predesco Property Investments, LLC, said, “This year we faced many challenges because of COVID-19, and while the demolition plans were hindered, the planning for this exciting project never ceased. With additional development plans taking place in the city, Cornerstone will serve as a destination for people to work, live, and enjoy Downtown, right in the heart of Coral Springs.”
The Cornerstone project is the kind of exciting news we need, said Economic Development Office Director Kristi Bartlett.
“This project is the revitalization of Coral Springs we needed to kick-start the new year and our local economy,” she said.
Cornerstone expects to welcome residential, hotel, and office space.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Police School Resource Officer Arrested for Solicitation of a Minor
- News2021.01.1916th Annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Rescheduled