By: Matt Rothman
After graduating from Coral Glades High School last Spring, Victoria Vilarchao signed to play Division I softball at the University at Albany SUNY in the American East Conference.
A three-year player on the varsity softball team at Coral Glades under Head Coach Richard Waldorf, Vilarchao hit .524 with an OPS of 1,533.
“Vicky was an impact player all three years on our varsity,” said Waldorf. “She was very versatile, playing several different positions depending on the needs of the team and was even called in to pitch as a sophomore.”
Vilarchao also played travel softball for TNT Florida Gold, where Waldorf was the Head Coach as well.
She’s joining a college team that has won seven American East Tournament Championships and played in seven NCAA Tournaments. They recently had their season shut down after a 6-5 start in the Spring and will be fortunate to add a big bat to their lineup for the 2021 season.
For Vilarchao, she is thankful to have another opportunity to continue playing softball after her final high school season was cut short due to COVID-19 after the team’s best start in school history. It has always been a dream of hers to play at the next level.
“This situation has made me extremely thankful to be able to continue playing softball at a higher level,” Vilarchao said. “I wouldn’t be here without Coach Rick and his help and support these past three years.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.10.13Coral Glades Softball Star Set to Play at University at Albany SUNY
- News2020.10.07Brianna Godfrey: One of the Most Talked About High School Softball Players in Florida
- News2020.10.073 Former Coral Springs Charter Baseball Players Excelling in College
- News2020.10.02Coral Springs Charter’s Sara Berthiaume Brings Experience to FAU Softball