By: Matt Rothman
After graduating from Coral Glades High School last Spring, Victoria Vilarchao signed to play Division I softball at the University at Albany SUNY in the American East Conference.
A three-year player on the varsity softball team at Coral Glades under Head Coach Richard Waldorf, Vilarchao hit .524 with an OPS of 1,533.
“Vicky was an impact player all three years on our varsity,” said Waldorf. “She was very versatile, playing several different positions depending on the needs of the team and was even called in to pitch as a sophomore.”
Vilarchao also played travel softball for TNT Florida Gold, where Waldorf was the Head Coach as well.
She’s joining a college team that has won seven American East Tournament Championships and played in seven NCAA Tournaments. They recently had their season shut down after a 6-5 start in the Spring and will be fortunate to add a big bat to their lineup for the 2021 season.
For Vilarchao, she is thankful to have another opportunity to continue playing softball after her final high school season was cut short due to COVID-19 after the team’s best start in school history. It has always been a dream of hers to play at the next level.
“This situation has made me extremely thankful to be able to continue playing softball at a higher level,” Vilarchao said. “I wouldn’t be here without Coach Rick and his help and support these past three years.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.172 Freshmen on Coral Springs Charter Baseball Team Throw Combined No-Hitter
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College