By: Jen Russon
Once known for its North Broward Preparatory campus and business center with the same name, an area just south of Sample Road is getting a makeover soon.
A new cosmetology school, McDougle Technical Institute, purchased the $2.8 million property and have requested a public hearing for approval held in December.
The Coral Springs City Commission voted unanimously to approve that request on Wednesday evening.
Headquartered in Pompano Beach, the McDougle Technical Institute (MTI) is an accredited private school specializing in vocational training for careers in the cosmetology arts and sciences.
MTI offers programs in barbering, cosmetology, facials, instructor training, massage therapy, and nails.
The new Coral Springs MTI campus will be located at 3251 NW 101st Avenue. The North Broward Business Center is easily confused with the North Broward Preparatory School, which closed and will soon become a new charter school.
The MTI campus, just one block north of the former school, sits on 2.89 acres and has space for student dormitories.
Coral Springs Talk welcomes all views. Send yours Here
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.05.14Homeowner Against Improvements to Kiwanis Park Takes Concerns to City
- Events2021.05.10Memorial Service in Dog Park Planned for ‘Dr Mike’ of South Gate Veterinary Clinic
- News2021.05.07‘We’re Not Out of the Woods Yet’ Warns Vaccinated Coral Springs Man Who Contracted COVID from Wife
- Events2021.05.06Lights, Camera, Action! Register For a Summer Spot in Next Stop Broadway