By: Matt Rothman
After he wasn’t selected in the 2022 NFL Draft, Jackson signed with the Jets after shining in his final two years on the Panthers’ varsity football team, catching 88 passes for 1,524 yards, and adding 30 touchdowns.
The Fort Lauderdale native then went on to play two years of junior college football with Independence Community College in Kansas before attending Washington State. With the Cougars, he was most noticeably seen on Sportscenter with his tremendous one-handed catch against the California Golden Bears.
Jackson is set to join the Jets with quarterback Zach Wilson. New York added Garrett Wilson in the first round of the NFL Draft and has a strong receiving core of Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, Denzel Mims, and Jeff Smith.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter