By Bryan Boggiano
The Florida Association of Special Districts recognized Coral Springs Improvement District (CSID) as the state’s 2022 District of the Year Award at their annual conference on Wed, June 15.
The water district’s office, located at 10300 N.W. 11th Manor, provides water quality utility services to the 33071 zip code in southern Coral Springs.
The association selected CSID from over 1,800 special districts located within Florida, according to CSID’s newsletter.
More than 30 state and local government oversight statutes govern these districts. The state legislature creates them to deliver special services to residents, businesses, and local governments.
“We are proud to achieve this distinction,” said Director of Operations David McIntosh in the newsletter. “Our staff is dedicated to providing excellence throughout our operations, and this award validates our efforts to be the best special-purpose government in Broward County and Florida.”
The FASD rewarded the water district with District of the Year for working as a team to pass all district and service goals while remaining within budget and meeting certain guidelines.
According to CSID, the district focuses on top-tier customer service and operations through quick responsiveness, transparent communication, water conservation, reverse osmosis membrane purification, and storm preparation.
To prepare for heavy-rainfall events such as hurricanes, CSID utilizes its drainage system that includes 22 miles of canals, 52 culvert locations, and two pump stations to transport up to 30,000 gallons of stormwater runoff per minute from the streets to C-14, and eventually, the intracoastal waterway.
CSID was founded in 1970 and has received multiple recognitions for its level and reach of services. The Florida Section of the American Water Works Association rewarded CSID with the Most Improved Water Plant Award in 2016 and 2021.
In 2018, the Southeast Desalting Association recognized the water district as Operator of the Year. In 2021, the Florida Association of Special Districts awarded the water district the Safety Award.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Events2022.08.09Questions About Taxes? Coral Springs Holds Annual Budget Academy on August 29
- News2022.08.08Coral Springs City Commission Honors Florida Boys State “Mayor” Victor King
- Events2022.08.05City of Coral Springs Invites Families Back to its School Bash at Florida Panthers IceDen
- News2022.08.02Coral Springs Business Plan Includes Everglades Greenway Loop, Nature Trail, Fitness Park