Luis Centeno and Brandon Lynch
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Drag racing left one person injured after two cars crashed in the Commerce Park of Coral Springs on Monday.
Luis Centeno, 20, and Brandon Lynch’s, 19, both of Coral Springs were charged with reckless driving after a witness observed each of their cars racing on side street near 4020 NW 126th Avenue. Another witness who was in Lynch’s car, told police that Centeno pulled up and both of them said, “Let’s race.” One witness who was riding Lynch’s car – and insisted several times to get out, said that he observed the speedometer at 50 mph then at 75 mph right before the crash occurred.
Due to their reckless driving, they collided with a vehicle with four passengers exiting a side street. According to Coral Springs Fire Division Chief Mike Moser, one person was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle crash caused a total of $16,000 in property damage according to the police report.
Centeno, who was driving a 2002 Silver Acura was charged with one count of reckless driving and one count of not carrying his driver’s license. Lynch, who was driving a 2014 Hyundai was charged with one count of reckless driving and one count of operating a vehicle without a valid driver’s license.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation