Photos by Brandee Smith
By: Jen Russon
The long-awaited Trader Joe’s finally opened to an eager public, who told Coral Springs Talk they couldn’t wait to load their carts with brand name items like cookie butter and turkey corn dogs.
Coral Springs resident, Brandee Smith, said she was among the horde of masked, morning shoppers at their grand opening on Friday.
“I bought fresh flowers for four dollars, butternut and acorn squash. Everything looked so nice and delicious. Trader Joe’s does such a nice job with their displays,” said Smith.
She learned about Trader Joe’s on past visits to Arizona and liked it well enough to travel as far as Fort Lauderdale to shop at the only location closest to her.
Now, one of her favorite grocery stores is walkable distance from Smith’s neighborhood in Forest Hills.
“It’s nice to have everything still be cold when you get it home,” she said.
First glimpses of the new Trader Joe’s on University Drive make it hard to believe the vibrant market, with lines about 15 people deep, used to be a bookstore.
An hour or so into its grand opening on October 29, around 50 shoppers browsed the aisles.
“I got inside the store in about 5 minutes,” said Smith.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2022.04.27First Presbyterian Church Welcomes 5th Senior Pastor, Dr. David Barry
- News2022.04.26Coral Springs Charter Baseball Player Knocks Another One Out of the Park with ‘Promposal’
- Events2022.04.26Mother’s Day ‘Sip and Stroll’ Comes to Coral Springs May 1
- Events2022.04.21Coral Springs Improvement District Offering Food and Fun at Open House, April 30