Photos by Brandee Smith
By: Jen Russon
The long-awaited Trader Joe’s finally opened to an eager public, who told Coral Springs Talk they couldn’t wait to load their carts with brand name items like cookie butter and turkey corn dogs.
Coral Springs resident, Brandee Smith, said she was among the horde of masked, morning shoppers at their grand opening on Friday.
“I bought fresh flowers for four dollars, butternut and acorn squash. Everything looked so nice and delicious. Trader Joe’s does such a nice job with their displays,” said Smith.
She learned about Trader Joe’s on past visits to Arizona and liked it well enough to travel as far as Fort Lauderdale to shop at the only location closest to her.
Now, one of her favorite grocery stores is walkable distance from Smith’s neighborhood in Forest Hills.
“It’s nice to have everything still be cold when you get it home,” she said.
First glimpses of the new Trader Joe’s on University Drive make it hard to believe the vibrant market, with lines about 15 people deep, used to be a bookstore.
An hour or so into its grand opening on October 29, around 50 shoppers browsed the aisles.
“I got inside the store in about 5 minutes,” said Smith.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2020.11.24After Customer Alleges Reckless Conduct, Coral Springs Restaurant Owner Speaks Up
- News2020.11.23Temple Beth Orr Plans First-Ever Chanukah Drive-Thru Extravaganza
- News2020.11.192 Coral Springs Charter School Students Selected for Florida All-State Honor Band
- News2020.11.17J.P. Taravella Graduate Represents Coral Springs in Miss Florida Teen USA Competition