By: Sharon Aron Baron
To show their appreciation for the big box stores that made firearm safety a priority, mothers of Parkland victims want to thank them and encourage others to spend money there for Mother’s Day.
Fred Guttenberg, father of Marjory Stoneman Douglas victim Jaime announced on Twitter a nationwide “Shop-In” at both Dicks Sporting Goods and Walmart for being the first to step up for common sense gun safety.
The post asks everyone to shop at the stores on Saturday, May 12. Since the day will be a devastating one after their loss, they ask to please help turn the weekend into a positive one.
On February 28, Walmart raised the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age and Dick’s Sporting Goods ended all sales of assault-style rifles in its stores as well as raise the age to purchase firearms to 21.
Both Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart are located in Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill