By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s a culinary pairing that will make history when masters in both food and wine meet to create the ultimate meal – for just a fortunate few.
Master Chef Dale Miller and Master Sommelier Laura DePasquale will present a never before seen event at the award-winning restaurant The Cook and The Cork in Coral Springs, Florida called “Masters of Food & Wine Dinner” on May 15.
All profits from the five-course dinner will fund student scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America said certified executive chef and owner of The Cook and The Cork, Keith Blauschild, who sits on the alumni council of the school.
Since there are only 67 master chefs and 158 master sommeliers in the U.S., having two create a dinner and menu is historic.
“Two masters from different fields collaborating, is the ultimate professional pairing for food and wine at its highest level,” said Blauschild.
Master Chef Miller is proud to be a Fellow of The Culinary Institute of America’s Alumni Board, as well as a member of the American Culinary Federation and its Honor Society, the American Academy of Chefs. Chef Miller has also been inducted as a lifetime member of the elite Honorable Society of the Golden Toque, the highest acclaimed recognition a chef can receive in America.
As one of only 25 female master sommeliers in the U.S., Laura DePasquale has been an active educator, examiner, and speaker for certified master sommeliers. Currently she is the vice president and general manager of the Artisanal Fine Wine Division at Southern Glazer Wine and Spirits that launched in 2016.
The two have designed a menu pairing seafood and duck with Greek and French wines. Not only will Master Chef Miller be in the kitchen cooking the dishes, throughout each course Master Sommelier DePasquale will explain to diners why she paired each particular wine with the meal, along with answering any questions.
This historic event will be held on Wednesday, May 15, at 7:00 p.m. at the Cook and The Cork Restaurant 9890 W Sample Rd in Coral Springs. Cost is $150 pp. Tax and gratuity additional. Limited Seating. RSVP at Masters of Food and Wine.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive