By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, the official video for the song Shine was released on YouTube. Shine was written by Sawyer Garrity and Andrea Pena after the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as a way to channel their pain and anger after the tragedy.
According to the official site for Shine, what started out as a personal healing journey, quickly grew into an anthem and was met with an overwhelming response, especially after their performance at the CNN town hall in February.
Immediately following the broadcast, MSD Drama parents began receiving phone calls from people in the entertainment industry offering help to promote the song. They decided that proceeds generated by the song or other works of art generated by MSD Drama students should be directed towards the benefit of the victims of the tragedy and created Shine MSD where funds raised go directly towards the Broward Education Foundation.
To donate, go to ShineMSD.org
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event