By Sharon Aron Baron
Award-winning Chef Keith Blauschild from the Cook and the Cork will be putting away his hat and handing over his restaurant to a fellow chef preparing traditional Chinese dumplings.
Making dumplings is a family tradition in the North of China. It is a family activity where everyone helps out in the process. Parkland residents Chef Patrick and Eve Woei, who own Dumpling#1 and Spice Quest, in Suriname, are bringing their cuisine to Coral Springs — for one day only.
Chef Keith and Chef Patrick both studied at the Culinary Institute America in New York. After years of begging the couple to do something here, they agreed to start with two kinds of dim sum plates, being offered as takeout items at the restaurant.
It’s a family project, with their children Esperanza and Kevin helping both with the marketing and in the kitchen and Eve hopes to bring a wonderful Sunday dim sum experience to everyone.
Guests have a choice of two dishes:
Yum Yum Dim Sum Chicken, which is Handmade Chicken and Cabbage Dumpling, Hong Kong Honey Roasted Chicken Skewer, Daikon Shiitake Mushroom Cake, Singapore Noodles, and Japanese Coconut Red Bean Pudding.
Yum Yum Dim Sum Pork, which is Handmade Pork and Garlic Chives Dumpling, Hong Kong Style Roasted Rib, Daikon Shiitake Mushroom Cake, Singapore Noodles, and Japanese Coconut Red Bean Pudding.
Each is $16, and guests can preorder here and pick them up at the Cook and the Cork located at 9890 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33065. This special event is serving only from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sunday, August 2.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.10.16Coral Springs Holds Free Shred-A-Thon for Residents November 14
- News2020.10.15Trader Joe’s Hiring for New Coral Springs Location
- News2020.10.13Free Food Distribution at Chabad at Coral Springs: Student Volunteers Needed