By Tim Priester
Due to the economic fallout from the shutdowns earlier in the year from Covid-19, too many area residents are facing hardships and challenging times.
On Saturday, November 14 through December 5, First Church Coral Springs, in partnership with Feeding South Florida, will continue hosting a contactless food drive.
Although the food will vary weekly, recipients can expect fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat, dairy products, and some canned items. All donated food will be placed directly into the vehicles’ open trunks by volunteers following CDC guidelines on a first-come, first-served basis.
With the Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner and people in the community still needing assistance, First Church is doing what they can to make the holiday seem as normal as possible.
First Church Coral Springs is located at 8650 W. Sample Rd. The drive-thru event is from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Prior to moving to Coral Springs and being promoted to a stay-at-home dad of three lovely children, Tim Priester was a TESOL and writing instructor at both the college and elementary school level. His passion for writing has meant being featured in both online and print media.
- News2021.02.10After Neck Injury, Coral Springs Charter Grad Moved to Jackson Memorial for Rehabilitation
- News2021.01.163-Year-Old Dies After Drowning in Coral Springs Pool
- News2020.12.31Coral Springs Center of the Arts Live-Streams ’A Salute to Vienna and Budapest’ Through Jan 3
- News2020.12.29Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber Hosts Economic Symposium