By Jill Fox
Last October, Coral Springs Talk broke the news of national fast-food burger chain Culver’s heading to South Florida.
Now, after a bit of a delay, the midwest favorite, known for its butter burgers and fresh frozen custard, is preparing to open on August 24 in Margate.
“The main thing about Culver’s is that every meal is cooked to order,” said owner/operator Eric Pierce, “The fries will be hot. The burgers are fresh — things like that make all the difference.”
Their most famous menu item, by far, is their butter burger, named for its lightly-buttered bun. The four-inch kaiser buns are specially made by local bakeries in each of the 27 states that Culver’s occupies, and this one will use Flowers Bakery, out of Miami.
The casual food chain has 65 other locations in Florida, but this will be the first in the tri-county area. When South Florida opened up for franchising, Pierce jumped on it.
Having lived in Broward County for the last 12 years, Pierce, 54, grew up in Wisconsin, where Culver’s originated.
“If you’re from the Midwest, you knew about Culver’s,” he said, “They’ve been around for 35 years.”
The restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner. And if you dine-in, they’ll stay at 50 percent capacity. They also have patio seating, as well as a drive-thru and take-out.
Between management and part-time team members, Pierce has already hired 70 employees at the restaurant, and visitors can expect to run into him any day of the week. He said Culver’s expects its owner/operators to be present and engaged in the business.
According to Pierce, the past two years on the project have been an exercise in perseverance. “It’s a process–the community is excited, and we’re ready to go.”
Culver’s is located at 5510 West Copans Road in Margate. The hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.09.1713 Coral Springs Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.09.03Paragon Theaters in Coral Springs Now Open: Health and Safety a Top Priority
- News2020.08.21New Emergency Order Modifies Restaurant Closing Hours