By Ryan Yousefi
Coral Springs residents have a new homegrown option to consider when in search of fresh donuts and baked goods.
Luv’s Donuts, located at 7893 West Sample Road, officially opens its doors on August 12 for the first time.
Coral Springs residents and Luv’s Donuts shop owners Juan and Kelly Fiallos, originally from Ecuador, say they’re looking forward to the excitement of opening their store, something the family has been working towards for quite some time. The couple, married for over 20 years, is proud to finally be able to realize their dream of opening their own donut shop.
“Luv’s was born from a desire to make the donuts I remember as a child,” Juan said. “I started working at 16 in restaurants and bakeries.”
Juan credits his father, a baker for over 30 years, for igniting his passion for opening his own donut shop. As a kid, Juan says he helped in his fathers’ store, many times working overnight to prepare the donuts for the next morning.
According to the couple, the menu at Luv’s will include coffee and incredibly fresh donuts that made throughout the day at first; then, they will add made from scratch muffins, cookies, croissants, and puff pastry products soon after that.
All of the baked goods are made in-house, which, according to Juan, was the main objective when dreaming up Luv’s.
“I wanted to bring a wholesome bakery where you can get fresh products consistently,” Juan said. “The desire was to open an old fashioned donut shop where everything is baked fresh.”
Opening amid COVID-19 wasn’t the easiest for Luv’s, but Juan says the pain, sweat, and tears that went into opening their doors at a time most restaurants and bars are having a tough time made it even more worthwhile.
“This venture was not easy, but the passion that went to building this will go into our bakery goods.”
7893 West Sample Rd, Coral Springs
Open Monday to Saturday: 5:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Closed on Sundays.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.03.26COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26: Coral Springs Crosses 12,000 Case Threshold
- News2021.03.24Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24
- News2021.03.22Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 22