By Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at the University of Florida and touted a significant rise in standings for Florida universities.
In the 2020 report by U.S. News and World Report, the University of Florida now ranks 7th from 8th place and Florida State University now ranks 18th — up from 26. These are among all public universities across the country.
DeSantis congratulated both universities and said there was no question that Florida is a top-tier destination for tourism and economic growth.
“Now, these new rankings further solidify Florida as the number one public university system in the country – signaling to any potential employers and industry leaders that Florida will have the workforce and talent pool they need to thrive,” he said.
Full list here: www.usnews.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.03.08Just Announced: City Hosts Free ‘Hoppin’ into Springs’ Egg Hunt
- News2021.03.08Leadership Broward Launches ‘Follow the Leader in You’ Program for 8th-Grade Students
- News2021.03.08Check Out Open Play Chess in Coral Springs on March 10
- News2021.03.08Coral Springs Expands Recycling Options with New Mullins Park Location