By Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at the University of Florida and touted a significant rise in standings for Florida universities.
In the 2020 report by U.S. News and World Report, the University of Florida now ranks 7th from 8th place and Florida State University now ranks 18th — up from 26. These are among all public universities across the country.
DeSantis congratulated both universities and said there was no question that Florida is a top-tier destination for tourism and economic growth.
“Now, these new rankings further solidify Florida as the number one public university system in the country – signaling to any potential employers and industry leaders that Florida will have the workforce and talent pool they need to thrive,” he said.
Full list here: www.usnews.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.09.13Sell Your Stuff at the Semi-Annual J.P. Taravella Community Garage Sale
- News2019.09.13Humane Society Holds Pet Playdate Camp September 30
- Crime & Safety2019.09.11Coral Springs Police Investigates Compromised Credit Cards for Utility Payments
- Crime & Safety2019.09.11In Wake of Parkland Shooting: BSO Providing Bleed Control Kits to Broward Schools