By: Sharon Aron Baron
A free swimming clinic in honor of Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting victim Nicholas Dworet will be held at the Coral Springs Aquatic Center.
Nicholas’ short life was taken from him by a school shooter in Parkland on February 14, 2018. He left behind his mother Annika, father Mitch, and his brother Alex.
He started swimming when he was just seven-years-old and flourished in his last few years in high school to become a top athlete — even earning a swimming scholarship to the University of Indianapolis.
I will train as hard as I can in and out of the water. Even on my hardest days, I swear to give it my all and I will let nothing stand in my way.” – Nicholas Dworet
Always helping his friends and teammates be the best he could be, in his memory, Swim4Nick.org is holding a swim clinic for all middle and high school swimmers who want to improve with hard work and dedication.
High school and club coaches will be onsite to help swimmers improve on their strokes and other elements they need help with. The event will be a fun day with giveaways, raffles, and more.
“I will train as hard as I can in and out of the water. Even on my hardest days, I swear to give it my all and I will let nothing stand in my way.” -Nicholas Dworet
Held on Sept 15, 2019, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Coral Springs Aquatic Center 12441 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33065. Novice and intermediate swimmers over 10-years-old. Masters swimmers welcome. Participants should know all four strokes.
Registration required by September 12, 2019, at www.swim4nick.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.02.27Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Celebrates 100th Anniversary of the Women’s Right to Vote
- Events2020.02.26Celebrate Diverse Cultures at Coral Springs’ 2020 WorldFest
- News2020.02.25Official Winners of 3rd Annual ‘Innovate Downtown’ Announced
- Events2020.02.25Annual Relay For Life Wants Participants to Imagine a World Without Cancer