As a child bitten by the theater bug while attending Ramblewood Middle School in Coral Springs, little did Kristina Johnson know that years later, she would one day return to open her first production there as their new drama teacher.
Kristina Johnson attended Ramblewood Middle School from 2000-2003, where she played the lead in Bye Bye Birdie. She went on to J.P. Taravella High School, where she had featured roles in productions. She then went on to graduate from Penn State University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Theater.
Johnson has since returned home to Coral Springs, where she is now the new drama teacher at Ramblewood, passing on her love of theater to a new generation of young students.
I feel very comfortable being back here. It’s like being welcomed back into a warm family. I eat lunch with my 6 th grade math teacher and just the other day I went to my old science teacher because I had run out of dry erase markers. – Kristina Johnson
As a new teacher and former student at Ramblewood Middle, Johnson has to make some adjustments. One of them was that she has to get used to not calling her peers ‘Mr’ and ‘Mrs.’
“I can’t break out of calling my former teachers this!” she says.
While a student at Taravella, Johnson used to assist the Ramblewood students in their after-school drama program. She is now very excited to be preparing for their first major production, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Jr.
Johnson has continued to be active in theater herself, performing in Ruthless and Urinetown at the Slow Burn Theater in Boca Raton. She can next be seen in “Xanadu” at the West Boca Performing Arts Theater from June 22-July 1st.
All residents are welcome to come out and attend the showing of Thoroughly Modern Millie, Jr. on May 25 and 26th at at 7:00 pm at the J.P. Taravella auditorium.
Please come out and support our talented kids and our fantastic public schools.
Tickets are $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults and will be on sale one hour prior to the start of the show at the JP Taravella Box Office or can be purchased in advance at http://ramblewooddrama.webs.com/purchasetickets.htm
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police