By: Dorothy Molski – Contributor
The Friends of Music, Inc. and other community organizations honored their outstanding volunteers at the Working in Harmony Volunteer Luncheon with live music and a fashion show.
Held on May 15, guests enjoyed lunch at the Marriott Heron Bay with music provided by the Coral Springs Middle School Jazz Band and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Strings.
Coral Springs Vice Mayor Dan Daley helped to welcome guests and was himself one of the models for the fashion show sponsored by SteinMart. He was joined on the runway by Commissioner Joy Carter, Roseann Birch, Barb Corrigan, Marcy Di Mare, Mary Catherine Salo, Brian Weidenbacher and Anthony Zoeller. Guests not only enjoyed seeing the latest fashions but got to learn a bit of personal information about the men and women modeling.
The work by the groups and volunteers enhances the quality of life in the community. Commissioner Joy Carter assisted Friends of Music President Linda Hanson in acknowledging the contributions of the following individuals nominated by their organization:
- Sue Gilbert – Broward Health Coral Springs Auxiliary
- Laurianne MacDonald – Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- Lynne Barrows – Forest Glen Middle School
- Dotty Molski – Friends of Music, Inc.
- Amy Spector & Christine Gonzalez – JP Taravella Band & Orchestra Patrons
- Kay Daugherty – Newcomers Club, Inc
- Leigh & David Burr – Ramblewood Middle School Band Parents Assn.
To learn more about Friends of Music, Inc. organization or to volunteer, please call Linda Hanson at 954-752-5620 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.11.20Nominees and Finalist for School Counselor of the Year Hail From Coral Springs and Parkland
- News2020.11.02Coral Springs Chief Clyde Parry Shares Important Updates for November
- News2020.11.01Coral Springs Commission: Updates Residents on November 2020 Events
- News2020.11.01Broward Commissioner Michael Udine: Updates Heading into November 2020