By: Stevette Hay
Carnival may have ended, but you can fill your belly now with Brazilian faves like Picanha and Mamnha (Brazilian steak cuts), Pão de Queijo (Brazilian-style baked cheese bread), Salpicão (Brazilian chicken salad), and more! Tucked away in the corner of the Turtle Crossing Plaza, Giraffas offers Brazilian comfort food in a fast-casual setting. Open for lunch and dinner, their menu highlights include steaks, burgers, chicken, salads, stroganoffs, and seafood.
With nearly 400 locations throughout Brazil, Giraffas danced its way in to the Miami scene in 2011, and now opens its doors in Broward County. The newest location in Coral Springs boldly dresses its interior in a giraffe motif with bright oranges and greens, which makes it stand out amongst the agglomeration of fast-casual dining options around town.
Upon entering, you’re not only greeted by a friendly staff but the aroma of juicy steak pervades the air. Not sure what to order? Start off with their Chicken “Ribs” (split chicken wing “flats” marinated in Brazilian herbs and spices) and if you are a cheese-lover like me, be sure to try their Pão de Queijo. On a gluten free diet? These tasty little cheese puffs are made with tapioca flour, so go ahead and dig in!
Giraffas offers a selection of burgers with toppings such as Gouda and cheddar, fried eggs, bacon, and ham. Their popular 10oz Contra Steak gets marinated and grilled, then painted with your choice of sauce and served with three sides. (Get the chimichurri!) Side dishes include white or brown rice, salad, quinoa, grilled veggies, black beans, farofa, mashed potatoes, and more. I recommend the grilled veggies, healthy quinoa, or delicious mashed potatoes.
The mashed potatoes are far from ordinary with their addition of onions. Very tasty! If you saved room for dessert, you’re in for a treat. The Petit Gateãu, a warm peanut-butter filled chocolate cake, comes with a scoop of surprisingly light and airy, delicious vanilla ice cream. They will also be serving an assortment of beer and wine very soon.
If you’re looking for a taste of something new, check out Giraffas well-portioned, carnivore-friendly menu. Check-in on Facebook, Yelp, or Foursquare for specials and freebies! Let them know Coral Springs Talk sent you and tell us what you think!
Hungry for more? Check out the full menu here!
Sun – Thurs: 11:00am – 10:00pm
Fri – Sat: 11:00am – 12:00am
- Stevette Balllog, formally from Chicago has been living in Broward County for 15 years. She has a B.S. in Culinary Management from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale and is owner of the Fork Notes Blog. She loves to travel all over the US in search of the best food, wine and craft beer, and she loves to cook. If you have an idea for a restaurant for her to review, please contact her at email@example.com follow her on Twitter at @Forknotes
- Eat2018.06.19Sarpino’s Brings the Authentic Italian Taste of Gourmet Pizza to Coral Springs
- Eat2018.03.12Sarpino’s Brings the Authentic Italian Taste of Gourmet Pizza to Coral Springs
- Eat2018.01.22Review: Fyr & Ice Brings Asian Fusion to Coral Springs
- Eat2017.12.07Newly Opened ‘Bottoms Up Gastropub and Tap’ is Anything But Average