By: Sharon Aron Baron
Funeral services will be held this weekend for Coral Springs resident Katie McLamore who died tragically after losing control of her car on March 4, said her sister Crystal Miller.
McLamore, 19, who was a graduate of Coral Glades High School and a student at Broward College, was leaving work at Whole Foods in Plantation. “She was not an experienced driver,” said Miller who would help instruct Katie on how to learn to drive. “She only knew enough to get her license. She was so scared as she only had her car for six weeks.”
She was heading home that Tuesday in her 2003 Saturn when her sister says that while driving north on University Drive, her car hit the median. She believes that she panicked, and instead of correcting herself, she sped up, and her car flipped over. Miller said that McLamore died immediately of brain trauma.
Besides her big sister Crystal, Katie is survived by her siblings Xavier, Justin, and Ebony as well as her mother Tammy and stepfather Bobbie Lamar. Her sister says her family is devastated to have lost the “baby” of their family.
On Friday, March 14, there will be a viewing at McWhite Funeral Home at 3501 West Broward Blvd in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 from 5 pm – 9 pm, then on Saturday, March 15, will be the memorial service at McWhite Funeral Home at 1 pm.
After the service, friends are invited to watch a slideshow about Katie at the Ramblewood East Clubhouse from 4 pm – 7 pm.
Katie will be buried at Bailey Memorial Gardens in North Lauderdale.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.17Dr. John W. Ruffin Posthumously Named Martin Luther King Jr Monument Award Winner
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment