By: Sharon Aron Baron
Funeral services will be held this weekend for Coral Springs resident Katie McLamore who died tragically after losing control of her car on March 4, said her sister Crystal Miller.
McLamore, 19, who was a graduate of Coral Glades High School and a student at Broward College, was leaving work at Whole Foods in Plantation. “She was not an experienced driver,” said Miller who would help instruct Katie on how to learn to drive. “She only knew enough to get her license. She was so scared as she only had her car for six weeks.”
She was heading home that Tuesday in her 2003 Saturn when her sister says that while driving north on University Drive, her car hit the median. She believes that she panicked, and instead of correcting herself, she sped up, and her car flipped over. Miller said that McLamore died immediately of brain trauma.
Besides her big sister Crystal, Katie is survived by her siblings Xavier, Justin, and Ebony as well as her mother Tammy and stepfather Bobbie Lamar. Her sister says her family is devastated to have lost the “baby” of their family.
On Friday, March 14, there will be a viewing at McWhite Funeral Home at 3501 West Broward Blvd in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 from 5 pm – 9 pm, then on Saturday, March 15, will be the memorial service at McWhite Funeral Home at 1 pm.
After the service, friends are invited to watch a slideshow about Katie at the Ramblewood East Clubhouse from 4 pm – 7 pm.
Katie will be buried at Bailey Memorial Gardens in North Lauderdale.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.11Coral Springs Center for the Arts Offers 6 Memorable Shows and Comedy
- News2019.11.11Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 5
- News2019.11.1012 Coral Springs Residents Achieve Girl Scout Silver Award
- News2019.11.08Police Arrest Suspect Wanted for Murdering Coral Springs Husband and Father