Petco has just advised us the Official Grand Opening is April 4, 2020. Our apologies
By Jill Fox
Neighborhood pets are feeling the excitement as their newest local hangout opens its doors — and doggone it — they will love what it has to offer.
Located at the southeast corner of University Drive and Wiles Road in Coral Springs, Petco will hold its Grand Opening on Saturday, April 4, with plenty of activities for both pets and their parents.
The Royal Eagle Plaza, previously home to Sports Authority and Lucky’s Market is now the site of the newest one-stop shop for domesticated animals, with more than just pet products.
General Manager German Gonzalez, who has been a part of the Petco family for two-years, said the Coral Springs location has everything a Petco can offer. This includes Vetco — a full-service veterinary hospital, where doctors can vaccinate, spay, neuter, perform surgeries, and treat any dog or cat emergencies, as well as dog training, grooming, and a popular doggie self-wash station.
With pets including a king snake, red-footed tortoise, and a crested gecko, Gonzalez considers himself a reptile guy. He said Petco tries to establish a bond between pets and pet parents.
“We want to make sure that everyone sees the features and benefits of a long, healthy relationship with their pets, and we tailor our services toward that,” he said.
On Saturday, April 4, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Petco will be buzzing with grand opening activities. Starting at 11 a.m., pets and their parents can enjoy refreshments and have their photos taken. Dogs can even apply for their own “paws” ports. The store will have a caricature artist on hand, and free customized bandanas, as well as temporary tattoos for puppies and children.
During the grand opening, the vet hospital will provide free healthy weight checks and microchip exams. Furry friends between eight weeks and six months old can attend puppy playtime at 1 p.m. Parents need to bring a copy of their vaccine records.
Also, Petco’s partner, Good Karma Pet Rescue, a nonprofit, all-breed rescue for dogs, cats, and other creatures in need, will have kittens, puppies, cats, dogs, and other critters available for adoption.
Ilene Racher, who runs their cat foster program, said Good Karma has animals in various Petco stores every Saturday, and people can meet them and fill out an application to adopt.
Although the new pet retailer does not sell cats or dogs, they have fish, reptiles, small birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, and mice available for purchase.
Petco is located at 9200 Wiles Road in Coral Springs. Store hours are Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Vetco is open Monday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 754-240-6884 for more information.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.06.23Bus Drivers Needed for 2020-2021 School Year
- News2020.06.23New Building at Marjory Stoneman Douglas On Track for Completion
- News2020.06.18Solidarity Walk Organized by Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Class President
- News2020.06.04Coral Springs Resident and Long-time Teacher is Mourned by Friends