By Jill Fox
Hamster wheels are turning and birds are chirping in an eagerness from the community to find out what’s being built at the southeast corner of University Drive and Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
According to the city, a new Petco store will be opening in the Royal Eagle Plaza in 2020.
The 9188 Wiles Road location was previously home to Sports Authority, from 2012 to 2016, as well as Spirit Halloween seasonally since then. Other anchor stores in the plaza are Lucky’s Market and Hobby Lobby.
A pet retailer since 1965, Petco, based in San Diego, sells fish, reptiles, small birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, and mice. They also offer services including grooming and dog training.
According to their spokesperson, Stephanie Wilson, it is still too early to confirm store details or timing but they said they would be able to provide specific store features in late fall of this year.
Petco has over 1,500 locations in the US and Mexico with 60 in South Florida, including in Deerfield Beach, Plantation, Lighthouse Point, and Pembroke Pines.
“Think Adoption First” is their company philosophy, which encourages pet adoption and since 1999 their mission statement has been: “To create a better world for animals and the people who love and need them. And it all begins with love.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co., a leading full-service public relations firm. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2019.10.01The Best Fast Food Restaurant That You’ve Never Heard of is Coming Soon
- News2019.09.27Local Couple Open Boutique Wine Store in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.19Restaurant Owner After Failed Inspection: ‘This was a problem that I corrected’
- News2019.09.13Three Amigos Healthy Pet Supply Store Holds Grand Opening in Coral Springs