By Jill Fox
Hamster wheels are turning and birds are chirping in an eagerness from the community to find out what’s being built at the southeast corner of University Drive and Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
According to the city, a new Petco store will be opening in the Royal Eagle Plaza in 2020.
The 9188 Wiles Road location was previously home to Sports Authority, from 2012 to 2016, as well as Spirit Halloween seasonally since then. Other anchor stores in the plaza are Lucky’s Market and Hobby Lobby.
A pet retailer since 1965, Petco, based in San Diego, sells fish, reptiles, small birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, and mice. They also offer services including grooming and dog training.
According to their spokesperson, Stephanie Wilson, it is still too early to confirm store details or timing but they said they would be able to provide specific store features in late fall of this year.
Petco has over 1,500 locations in the US and Mexico with 60 in South Florida, including in Deerfield Beach, Plantation, Lighthouse Point, and Pembroke Pines.
“Think Adoption First” is their company philosophy, which encourages pet adoption and since 1999 their mission statement has been: “To create a better world for animals and the people who love and need them. And it all begins with love.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- Schools2020.05.31Summit Academy Charter School Celebrates First Graduating Class
- News2020.05.28Coral Springs Fire Department Chaplain’s 22-year-old Son in Car Crash
- News2020.05.14Coral Springs Charter School Drama Students Takes their Talents Online
- News2020.05.14J.P. Taravella High School Color Guard Recruiting New Members