By: Sharon Aron Baron
High school students who are interested in the arts, journalism, and are active on social media can apply now for a behind-the-scenes opportunity as a Broward Teen Ambassador.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is now accepting applications for its 2019–2020 program, and Coral Springs high school students attending public, private, or are home-schooled are eligible to apply.
Teen Ambassadors get to experience behind-the-scenes and exclusive educational opportunities, including introductions to performances in every artistic discipline.
Acting as in-house theatre critics, these students must demonstrate a dedication to both the performing arts and writing. Teen Ambassadors are responsible for sharing with the community their experiences at the Broward Center and affiliated venues by posting their experiences to the teen ambassador website and their personal social media outlets. Detailing their experiences through written reviews, these students offer a teenage perspective as they gain exposure to a variety of performance styles.
All applications must be completed online by Friday, August 23 at 5 p.m. Mailed or in-person applications will not be accepted. Also, applications submitted by a parent or guardian on behalf of the applicant will not be considered. Each student will earn community service hours for participating in the program.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the program by Friday, September 20 and will be expected to attend two activities each month beginning with the mandatory orientation meeting on Monday, October 7 at 5:30 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20