By: Sharon Aron Baron
Family, friends, and neighbors are welcome to the Coral Springs annual Veterans Day Ceremony to recognize our heroes service to this country.
Featured guest speaker will be retired Colonel Connie Christine Christensen, who served in the Vietnam War alongside her father.
Wear your patriotic colors and visit Veterans Park Wednesday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m. There will also be a 21-gun salute, placing of a wreath and raising of the military and United States flags.
At the event, the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs will be selling engraved paver bricks to honor and remember our Veterans. Cost is $50 and pavers will later be installed at the park.
Also, if you have any faded or tattered U.S. Flags, drop them off at the Retired Flag Box located outside the Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Dr. The Veterans Coalition will be disposing the flags properly.
Veterans Park is located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd., just east of University Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools
- Events2021.05.03Coral Springs Honors Heroes in Special Memorial Day Service