By: Sharon Aron Baron
Police have arrested the boyfriend for the death of his live-in girlfriend Magdalena Weich in August of this year.
Enrique Macotela reported Weich missing to police and said that on August 18, she had told him she was going to Barnes & Noble to study. He said she never returned home, even leaving her cellphone, purse and keys at home and he was further concerned because he had spoken to her boss who said she did not show up for work at MCCI Medical in Tamarac. Magdalena Weich’s boss told police she last saw her on Aug. 17.
On August 20, 38 year-old Weich’s body was found lying in the heavily wooded area just north of Sample Road and east of Coral Springs High School.
For two months her family, who is from Poland, has demanded answers and her brother Milosz Weich told the Sun Sentinel “We are depressed, we are shocked,” Weich said of himself and his mother,”My English is not good enough to describe how much in pain we are. This whole situation is tragic.
Police Chief Tony Pustizzi told the Sentinel that he understood the family’s frustration, but that detectives can’t act hastily. Progress in the case was delayed in part after the lead homicide detective committed suicide weeks after Weich’s death.
The couple has a four-year-old biological son who has been placed in foster care. Weich’s family have hired a local attorney to try to get the boy home to them in Poland.
Macotela was just taken into custody Tuesday evening where he was transported to BSO.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.16Tiny Meat Gang: The Global Domination Tour Heads to Coral Springs
- News2019.11.143 Coral Springs Schools Earn Five-Star Award from Florida Department of Education
- News2019.11.14New Building May Offer Fresh Beginning at Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Crime & Safety2019.11.13Sheriff Gregory Tony Announces Campaign Kick-off Fundraiser